So tomorrow is the "day."
I was going to go to the gym today--it would be my last time for at least a month. I never made it.
I "slept in" -- for me that means I slept until 7:45 AM.
I "puttered" around--not really sure where that term comes from, but I like it.
Did a little of this, a little of that.
Felt the warm prayers of my CRE/CLP community, my Bible study women, my hair stylist, my electrologist--all of these people are praying for me, and the first two groups prayed by laying their hands on me. Talk about feeling God's love!
Piled up the books I intend (or is it hope?) to read while I recover.
Here's the list, in no order:
I was going to go to the gym today--it would be my last time for at least a month. I never made it.
I "slept in" -- for me that means I slept until 7:45 AM.
I "puttered" around--not really sure where that term comes from, but I like it.
Did a little of this, a little of that.
Felt the warm prayers of my CRE/CLP community, my Bible study women, my hair stylist, my electrologist--all of these people are praying for me, and the first two groups prayed by laying their hands on me. Talk about feeling God's love!
![]() |
| Image courtesy of foto76 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net |
Here's the list, in no order:
- Bored and Brilliant, Manoush Zomorodi
- I participated in the Note to Self "bored and brilliant project a few years ago and pre-ordered the book.
- Glass Houses, Louise Penny
- Shout out to my friend Sheryl who got me hooked on Armand Gamache, Three Pines and Louise Penny
- Hallelujah Anyway, Anne Lamott
- This is Anne Lamott-what else is there to say?
- The Late Show, Michael Connolly
- I'm a big Michale Connolly fan and now he has a woman detective!
- Love Warrior, Glennon Doyle
- Carry On, Warrior, Glennon Doyle
- I discovered Glennon Doyle through Elizabeth Gilbert and I'm glad I did.
- Drawing with Children, Mona Brookes
- I learned about Mona Brookes from Danny Gregory at Sketchbook Skool where I'm taking a course, How to Draw Without Talent. The course was a gift from Anne and I am enjoying it tremendously. Plus I've fallen in love with Danny Gregory, so there's that.
- Jambusters, Julie Summers
- I loved the show Home Fires and once I learned it was based on the book I wanted to read the book. The Westchester Library only has three copies and I feel like I waited forever to get one. It's due October 2 so I'll probably read this first. I own all of the other books (except Carry On, Warrior, which is also due October 2 so I'll be reading that soon, too!)
This list is to balance out this list:
- The Thinking Women's Guide to Breast Cancer, Janet Maker
- The Book of Exercise and Yoga for Those with Osteoporosis, Lori Newell
- Breast Cancer Clear & Simple, All Your Questions Answered, The American Cancer Society
- The Breast Cancer Cookbook, Mohammed Keshtgar
- The Mind Body Code, Mario Martinez
- This book was also recommend by Liz Gilbert, during a workshop I took with her at Kripalu.
Whew!
And the good news is that my "procedure" is scheduled for 10 AM. We need to be at the Ambulatory Surgery Center by 7 AM.
So we are all set!

Well, what about all of the C.J.Box books? What could be better for your recovery than mysteries featuring a Wyoming game warden?
ReplyDeleteHow could I forget those!!!
Delete