So here I am, the day after surgery, taking codeine with Tylenol and feeling like I was run over by a truck. Yesterday was a long day; up at 5:30, at the ambulatory surgery center by 7, in surgery around 11 (lots of procedures before surgery which took hours), out of surgery around 4, home around 7.
But then there's the good news:
But then there's the good news:
- Dr. Cahan is pretty sure he got clean margins
- There's no lymph node involvement
- I'm home!
- I didn't faint (well, I almost fainted when the nurse had trouble getting the IV in, but I didn't faint during the needle localization, thanks to the two nurses, Christine and Anne Marie, who held my hand and put an ice pack on my neck when I started to feel faint)
- Did I mention that I didn't faint during the needle localization? That was the part I was most worried about.
And I have the best family and friends anyone could want. Gini and Bob arrived at the hospital around 10 so I got to see them before I went into surgery and they spent the day with Anne. They left around 5 and picked up my painkillers for me--we were concerned that the drug store would close before we could get there.
Tracy came to help bring me home, and Emily was at our house when we got there. We couldn't have managed without them. Tracy made me macaroni and cheese, Emily brought tuna salad, egg salad and hummus for "dinner." We lit Shabbat candles, made a motzei over the round challah, and ate.
Praise God for a successful surgery and God Bless you as you heal.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Debbie