So in addition to doing yoga, I'm trying to get to the gym three times a week. I say "trying" because, well, life is complicated.
Anne can't drive yet, and this week we've got two PT appointments and one doctor's appointment.
And then there's getting slides and CDs from Phelps in Sleepy Hollow to Dr. Cahan in Purchase.
Oh, and throw in a few meetings, a CSA "meet the truck" pick up and a hair appointment and the week fills up quickly.
I bought a series of 12 massages in April at Club Fit when my favorite massage therapist, Angela, was leaving. I used one for my last massage with Angela and I have yet to schedule any massages. I find it hard to choose a new massage therapist. Angela was the third masseuse I used at Club Fit. So in 15 years I've had three massage therapists. Susan, Jennifer and Angela. All three left the club, for different reasons. Susan went into private practice and Jennifer and Angela moved away.
Of course I know that this is no reason not to schedule a massage, so that's on my "to do" list for today, as is going to the gym and doing yoga.
On the lighter side, Anne and I have a practice of giving each other little stuffed animals. It all started over 30 years ago when we were car camping. Each trip got its own "mascot." A stuffed lobster when we were in Atlantic Canada, an otter when we were on San Juan Island, a lizard when we were in Arizona.
Often when Anne is feeling down, or out of sorts, I find some little critter for her. Here's what she got when she came home from the hospital last month:
Here's what she got me: Peppa Pig, who basically has been sleeping with me.
Two adult women with advanced degrees no less!
Hey, it's all part of my preparation!
Anne can't drive yet, and this week we've got two PT appointments and one doctor's appointment.
And then there's getting slides and CDs from Phelps in Sleepy Hollow to Dr. Cahan in Purchase.
Oh, and throw in a few meetings, a CSA "meet the truck" pick up and a hair appointment and the week fills up quickly.
I bought a series of 12 massages in April at Club Fit when my favorite massage therapist, Angela, was leaving. I used one for my last massage with Angela and I have yet to schedule any massages. I find it hard to choose a new massage therapist. Angela was the third masseuse I used at Club Fit. So in 15 years I've had three massage therapists. Susan, Jennifer and Angela. All three left the club, for different reasons. Susan went into private practice and Jennifer and Angela moved away.
Of course I know that this is no reason not to schedule a massage, so that's on my "to do" list for today, as is going to the gym and doing yoga.
On the lighter side, Anne and I have a practice of giving each other little stuffed animals. It all started over 30 years ago when we were car camping. Each trip got its own "mascot." A stuffed lobster when we were in Atlantic Canada, an otter when we were on San Juan Island, a lizard when we were in Arizona.
Often when Anne is feeling down, or out of sorts, I find some little critter for her. Here's what she got when she came home from the hospital last month:
Her name is Trixie and she holds Anne's phone.
Here's what she got me: Peppa Pig, who basically has been sleeping with me.Two adult women with advanced degrees no less!
Hey, it's all part of my preparation!

Comments
Post a Comment