After a false start -- I got a phone call yesterday at 7 AM to let me know that the machine was "down" and we'd have to start today and not yesterday -- my radiation therapy started today, rather anti-climatically.
We arrived a bit early, Judy (I think Judy is an oncology/radiation nurse) met us and let me know that they were running a bit late. She asked that I get into a robe and then come out into the "healing garden" and wait. This is quite a cancer center-to see the "healing garden" click and go to the second picture. We waited a short while, and then Walkeria (I am sure that I just butchered the poor woman's name), the radiation technician/manager who did my "mold" on my first visit came to say hello and tell us about "arm knitting." She saw Anne knitting a scarf which prompted the entire conversation. Who knew?
Judy came out in the middle of all of this and told me it was my turn. I lay down on the table, we did a "dry run" of me holding my breath for my left side, everyone left the room, Nicole prompted me and the machine began moving.
Twelve minutes later I was done, and about twenty minutes later we were at Exit 4 in Mount Kisco eating lunch. (Thanks, Terri!).
Done. Over. A little Miaderm on the chest and off we went. Let's hope it's always so uneventful.
We arrived a bit early, Judy (I think Judy is an oncology/radiation nurse) met us and let me know that they were running a bit late. She asked that I get into a robe and then come out into the "healing garden" and wait. This is quite a cancer center-to see the "healing garden" click and go to the second picture. We waited a short while, and then Walkeria (I am sure that I just butchered the poor woman's name), the radiation technician/manager who did my "mold" on my first visit came to say hello and tell us about "arm knitting." She saw Anne knitting a scarf which prompted the entire conversation. Who knew?
Judy came out in the middle of all of this and told me it was my turn. I lay down on the table, we did a "dry run" of me holding my breath for my left side, everyone left the room, Nicole prompted me and the machine began moving.
Twelve minutes later I was done, and about twenty minutes later we were at Exit 4 in Mount Kisco eating lunch. (Thanks, Terri!).
Done. Over. A little Miaderm on the chest and off we went. Let's hope it's always so uneventful.
Yes: I join you in hoping, not only that future appointments are equally uneventful (and followed by another good meal!), and that the therapy yields the hoped-for results. Lots of love from the west coast, to you both. -- Paul
ReplyDelete