I thought I had it beat-24 treatments down, nine to go, and then...
Yesterday I took a two-hour nap, then slept another nine overnight.
This morning I'm not my usual energetic self. My breasts have radiation burn, I'm sore under my arms where the burn feels raw, and I'm tired. I know, TMI, but there you have it.
I somehow thought that I had "beaten" the radiation fatigue. I was doing so well.
And now this, as John Oliver says on Last Week Tonight.
Luckily it's cold, too cold to want to be outside doing anything, and I am reading C.J. Box mysteries so I'm following Joe Pickett around Wyoming.
But I have to say that this isn't a great way to start 2018, as I end my 70th year and begin my 71st. Being tired makes me feel old, and although I am old I sure don't want to feel old!
Happy 2018 everyone! May it be happy and healthy for all of us, and while I'm at it, I'd like to wish us peace.
Yesterday I took a two-hour nap, then slept another nine overnight.
This morning I'm not my usual energetic self. My breasts have radiation burn, I'm sore under my arms where the burn feels raw, and I'm tired. I know, TMI, but there you have it.
![]() |
| Source: https://ireprincess.deviantart.com/art/Sleepy-270168849 |
I somehow thought that I had "beaten" the radiation fatigue. I was doing so well.
And now this, as John Oliver says on Last Week Tonight.
Luckily it's cold, too cold to want to be outside doing anything, and I am reading C.J. Box mysteries so I'm following Joe Pickett around Wyoming.
But I have to say that this isn't a great way to start 2018, as I end my 70th year and begin my 71st. Being tired makes me feel old, and although I am old I sure don't want to feel old!
Happy 2018 everyone! May it be happy and healthy for all of us, and while I'm at it, I'd like to wish us peace.

Hey Connie -- Sorry to hear you've hit the wall. I'm going to hope that the countdown to finishing the treatments will go faster than you now imagine, and that your body, energy & spirit will recover rapidly thereafter. I did light a candle with you in my heart on Sunday - and will do so again. Hugs and love - and take care of yourself, my dear.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Paul. I can feel your caring across the miles.
Delete